Saturday, January 16, 2010

Perfect Example


I have a perfect example of how I get off track. The first two weeks of January seemed to be fine. I rode my bike, walked, did school with the kids, got meals together on time, even had time to get some sewing in. Monday was ok but after that it was downhill the whole week.
I got a stomach thing so I couldn't exercise. Three of the kids had doctor appointments. My oldest needed a ride to his girlfriends school which is an hour away. I had to drive two of the kids in to school because my husband had an early meeting. Then of course it was grocery shopping week. So, nothing happened as it should have. But, I am trying to keep a positive attitude about it and I plan to get right back on track next week. Also I am trying to see the positives of last week. I brought the two youngest to a children's museum when I went to drop my son off. They had a blast. I was able to get caught up on some rest while my stomach did flip flops. While in town on one of my many visits I was able to see a very good friend for tea. So much got done outside the house last week that I can only enjoy the inside of the house this coming week.
Next week will hopefully be calmer and we will have more down time. When the days are all coming and going I feel stressed and it makes the day feel chaotic.
I did plan a couple of sewing projects. I am doing a block a week that I found on Jen's blog. http://cre8tivequilter.blogspot.com/ I am working on a rag quilt made out of 8" flannel blocks and I picked a hand project too. I had a throw that can be cross stitched on and I will cross stitch some of my favorite things on it.
One thing that happed last week is my camera broke. Funny how just when I start a blog it breaks. I am hopefully going to find someone that can fix it. For now I will have to use old pictures or none at all. I wanted to post my blocks of the week but I will have to do it later.
It is late here. I am without a husband for the night. He went to bring our oldest son back to school. We will all miss him. The family feels so whole when he is home and we feel his absence when he is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment