Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Little Sewing Time

I have had a few nights where I was able to get some sewing done. I made a pair of shorts for the oldest girl, a skirt for the youngest. I want to make some more, and have the patterns already cut out.


Here is a close up of the hem on the skirt.
I got the pattern online at http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2008/08/lazy-days-skirt-free-pattern.html
It really is as easy as it says it is.


This skirt came from a tutorial online at http://neverenoughhours.blogspot.com/2007/12/easy-skirt-tutorial.html
It also was very easy. Both these skirts were very fun to make too.


Here are a couple of blocks I have been playing with from a jelly roll. A friend and I are going to make a second raffle quilt for our library and we are trying to come up with a pattern. She bought a jellyroll and thought we could do something from it.
We made our first raffle quilt last year. Here it is.

I have some more shorts and skirts to make, and I will work on the raffle quilt, but I also have a project in mind for myself. This is the fabric.

It will be a simple 10 or 12 inch block comforter, that I probably will not quilt together, but tie. I hope to get working on it by the end of the month.
I love fabric, and sewing, and creating.




No comments:

Post a Comment