Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Quilt Blocks

A while back I started this block of the week project I found online. I mentioned it is here I found it. http://cre8tivequilter.blogspot.com/
I have done a few. Not as many as I want, but I am still committed to doing enough for a quilt. Here are some of my finished blocks. The colors are a little weird because I took the pictures on a very sunny day.






That is it for now. Jen has posted many more blocks, but I just have not been able to get to any more. I plan on it though. I made a wall hanging for my sister. These are some of the blocks from that.

These blocks are paper pieced. I am not sure if I ever thanked Jen, but I think she is the one that gave me the courage to try paper piecing. I had always been afraid of it. It seemed hard to me. I was looking for an alternative to it and found she had already addressed it. Her answer for those people that don't paper piece, 'Now is the time to learn a new skill' so I did and I am glad I did. So, thanks Jen.
I wish I had a picture of the whole quilt, but I forgot to take one before I sent it off with my sister. I actually did take one with my phone, but I don't know how to load pictures from my phone to my computer.

1 comment: