Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer!!



For the first weekend of summer we went to the lake. It was a very hot and humid day but it was so nice near the water. We went home and barbecued and then relaxed. It was nice.
I looked in my flower garden and found that some new blooming had gone on. I only know the name of the lily. The red flower and the yellow I have no idea what they are, but they are very pretty.


The vegetable garden is doing well now. The tomatoes and peppers are still very small, but we will have peas soon and there are flowers on the beans, the squash and zucchini. I have blueberries too. They are green right now but we can tell they will be big and many. The girls decided to play a trick on me and told me there was some ripe blueberries. When I got out to the bushes I saw they had placed some store bought blueberries in places around the branches. It was very funny. Here is a picture of my 'ripe' blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment