Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Strawberry Season!!!!


I took the four kids and went strawberry picking. The picking here in central Maine has not been great due to a frost we had in the Spring, but we found this farm on a hill that had lots of berries. We picked 18 quarts!! That night I froze all but two. Now we will have berries for pies and shortcakes through the winter. I will make some jam too. I made a pie last night, but it didn't last long enough for a picture. Oh well, glad they liked it.
We went last week. I have not been able to post until now because we had one of those weeks when unexpected things happen. My second oldest had to be brought to the emergency room for eye pain and sensitivity to light. The emergency room didn't really know what to tell us and gave him an antibiotic until he could see his eye doctor. That also turned into a fiasco and we had to see the on call physician on Tuesday. Turns out he has an ulcer which was probably caused by some dirt in his eye, which let bacteria enter his eye. All is well now. He has to go back in again this week for a follow up. I absolutely hate going into town more than once a week so three is making me a bit cranky. When you live in the country and it is quiet and peaceful and your a homebody like me, going even 20 minutes into town can cause a lot of stress. I am handling it pretty well though, if I don't say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment